Thursday, April 26, 2012

Nutritious & Delicious!

I'm starting to wake up really early (about 6 a.m.), and getting a lot done. Almost every morning I make a delicious breakfast for my family, before I get off to work. Here are some of my healthy breakfast recipes, which me and Luda and Anne Sophie enjoy very much:

Blueberry Smoothie

This is my favorite breakfast. Ingredients vary slightly depending on what is available. This week's ingredients include:

- 2 bananas
- an orange
- half a mango
- 1 cup (frozen) wild blueberries
- 1 table spoon ground flax seeds
- a celery stick
- some organic (frozen) spinach and kale
- half a cup of pomegranate juice

Mix all of this in a high powered blender. Takes 15 minutes to make. Nutritious and delicious! I make this for my whole family 2 times a week. My daughter loves it and calls it "daddy's cocktail"!

Quick Banana Breakfast to Go

We love this, and it only takes 8 minutes to make! So if you're in a hurry, try this:

- 1 cup of frozen wild blueberries
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats (havermout, овсяные хлопья)
- 2 table spoons of ground walnuts
- 1 table spoon of raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup of pomegranate juice
- 2 sliced bananas

Combine everything in a cereal bowl and microwave for 3 minutes. It's really delicious and very healthy. All three of us love it!




Fruit & Berry Smoothie

- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed

 Blend all this in a high powered blender until creamy and smooth! M-m-m ... A real feast for your palate! I was hesitating whether to add a celery stick, but decided not to.


Enjoy these recipes and let me know what kind of delicious and healthy food you make!

No comments:

Post a Comment